The main specialization is soil science, agrochemistry and ecology.
The main areas of research are:
- study of the patterns of soil formation and changes in soil processes and the current state of the soil cover, their assessment, compilation of soil maps based on GIS technologies;
- monitoring and assessment of soil-reclamation and soil-ecological state of soils and agrochemical survey of agricultural lands;
- scientific foundations of the reproduction of soil fertility and the rational use of soil resources and agricultural lands;
- development and implementation of innovative technologies for increasing soil fertility and productivity of agricultural crops;
- training and advanced training of young specialists, promotion of scientific achievements.